Are you a writer that could do with a little support with the self-publishing process? Let’s work together to turn your manuscript into a physical book! Perfect for novels, biographies, autobiographies, non-fiction, collections of short stories, poetry… In this day-retreat we’ll walk through all the steps from formatting your work to actually self-publishing it through Amazon’s KDP platform and creating a marketing plan!
Ideal for a group of 4-6 people. To get the most out of this workshop you need a finished and edited manuscript, ready to publish. You’re still welcome to come along if your manuscript is unfinished; we’ll just have to skip the final step – you’ll be all ready to self-publish your work once it is complete!
- 10am – 4:30pm on a Saturday to suit you and your group.
- Bring your own lunch, and I’ll provide an unlimited supply of hot drinks & biscuits!
- Bring your laptop, with your manuscript saved in a Microsoft Word document. It would be great if you have an image for your front cover, too, and a blurb in mind.
- Celebratory Prosecco (or non-alcoholic cocktail for those who prefer) at the end!
- The cost is £30 per person, or £15 for anyone receiving Universal Credit.
Come and share something of who you are, talk about the journey you’ve been on with your project and explore why it’s important to you, with your group of writer-friends. As well as working through Amazon’s KDP self-publishing process, we’ll consider together the purpose and potential impact of your book, and some of what you’ve learnt through the process. You’ll also timeline your journey so far and consider the next steps, ultimately coming up with a plan for marketing your book! Right at the end we’ll have a little celebration of all that you’ve achieved so far through your project.